GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby stAtrill » 24 Oct 2014 10:00

Evening again! This was originally a private build, but at Carter's urging, we are making it public for review over the weekend. The build is largely experimental, designed to test the effects of stealth upon gameplay, though there are some more standard updates within. Upon successful install, version number will be 1.2.0.1.

Download perma-link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kwnw1 ... /Data2.SDF

Stealth related:
We originally started by taking Crayven's stealth values from the manual and mapping them onto values between 0 and 200 (based on unit values). These values seemed excessive for good play, so many values are remapped from 0-150. If stealth proves popular, then I will 'properly' remap with interpolated values. Note that only Cray units were modified in this build.

The map used to build these values:
None: 0
Low/Poor:from 0 -> 50 (from aerodyne values)
Medium/Good: 150->100 (from aerodyne values)
High/Excellent: 150 (was interpolated value, now clamped to max of 150)
Extreme: 150 (unchanged, from jeager values)
Fantastic: Perfect (from drone carrier)

APC
Percept 0 -> 50 m

Marine

Stealth 50 -> 100 m

Jeager
Stealth 150 -> 150 m (changes reverted)
Perception 100 -> 100 m (changes reverted)

CC Scout
Stealth 50 -> 100 m
Perception 100 ->100 m (changes reverted)

CC Light
Stealth 0 -> 50 m

CC Med
Stealth 0 -> 100 m Note: This was not prescribed in the manual

CC AA
Perception 0 -> 100 m

Light Aero
Perception 100 -> 100 m (unchanged after remap)

Fighter aero
Perception 0 -> 50 m

The Standard Stuff:

Sentry Rocket:
-Damage multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 0.85 (takes much of the sting from the rockets without entirely removing the bite) -Pretty much everyone
-Health decreased from 4000 to 3600 (sentry will now die from full health with a single Focus-Prism) -Ghat, Nox, et al

Sentry Autocannon:
-Burst count from 45 to 8
-Burst delay from 180 s to 2.5 s
-Reload time from 0.1s to 0.3s
-Damage multiplier from 2 to 5
-Charges reduced from 2 to 1

Advanced Moonburst / Adv HE Rounds Mk. 2 added for heavies
-Adds a 3rd charge to Moonburst and Adv HE Rounds for heavy tanks

What this update does:
This version is largely experimental - everything is based around the effects of stealth on gameplay. Remember to try new tactics, new maps, etc, and weigh back in here when you are done! Generally, the counters to stealth are scouts and radar (though other units, like drones, jags, lights, and equipments, like view range and telemetry exist). So far, it seems games in close quarters (i.e. where your movement is either in radar range or on predictable paths) largely play the same. In order to see what you can do with stealth, try to roam outside of radar range, or on flat maps where movement patterns can be unpredictable. Some of us (namely Ghat) have had some success using multiple small detached units as mini-strike forces. Additionally, some of the vets suggested that stealth shouldn't be a flat passive boost, so experimental stealth modes were implemented for infantry and light/medium tanks. This new configuration allows you to trade roughly 65% of your squad's health for an additional 50% of its stealth (replacing the defensive configuration on these units), adding yet more options which may be useful in some scenarios. Just don't get caught, as your units will melt before your eyes.

Also, here we slightly nerf the rocket turret - the damage output is reduced enough to take much of the sting out (particularly to lighter units like beams), and the health reduced so that it may die with a single Focus-Prism spec. The autocannon was reworked to change the 'feel'; the long cooldowns have been removed, the rate of fire slowed, and the bullet reworked to maintain DPS. It should now feel more like a mid-caliber, powerful cannon, as opposed to a buzzsaw spitting walls of lead (and then sitting around for minutes). Charges were reduced to one, but the turret has had a significant boost to offset this. This should allow the turret similar kill power while reducing burst, allowing players more time to shield.

Finally, we brought back one of the better ideas from the BalanceMod - the heavies get a special version of Moonburst and Adv HE Rounds with a 3rd charge. This shouldn't affect testing of stealth.

Remember: this build is experimental.
This would normally be kept private, as some of the things in here may not be quite as polished as we generally like. But this is why we are releasing this - a weekend of play may save us weeks of testing on off-days :) Everyone already knows that nothing in the normal build is set in stone, and that is so ever more true of these experimental testing builds - the current passive stealth values will likely prove to be slightly too high; just remember that they will be set to 'normal' levels if stealth proves popular. The values err on the high side to purposefully try to accentuate the effect stealth has on battle.

Finally, should anyone need to rollback, the original Data2.sdf file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz9vvcqqr5cjkzd/Data2ORIG.sdf
Copy to GC/data, rename it to 'Data2.sdf', and hit yes to confirm the overwrite. You will see version number 1.0.1.1 in the bottom right of the main menu upon successful rollback.

Thanks again to the coolest gaming community,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 24 Oct 2014 20:10

A third Special Weapon for Heavies??? Holy smokes. That will help my play style, for sure.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 24 Oct 2014 21:19

i thought you where going to increase it to 4 not 3(specs for heavy's)...................... meh good enough!
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 29 Oct 2014 06:16

Thanks Stat, will check the new build.. and I'll try to play a game soon, been very busy lately..

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 09 Mar 2015 10:46

Uf, it's been a while! This is a short post for a minor update pushed out at the request of some of the guys. I apologize for not being around to do this sooner! Upon successful install, version number will be 1.2.0.2.

Download perma-link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kwnw1 ... /Data2.SDF

The Standard Stuff:

Sentry Rocket:
-Vision Range decreased from 350 to 320
-Maximum attack range decreased from 400 to 380

Sentry Autocannon:
-Charges increased from 1 to 2

What this update does:
A very minor tweak; the reductions to sentry rocket vision range allow beams/rocket tanks to attack it while staying out of lock-on range, while still allowing the turret a range advantage on medium (and other) tanks. Maximum attack range was decreased as well, reducing the distance needed to run before the turret loses its lock. Additionally, the sentry autocannon gains a charge, though I should warn that part of the reasoning for setting charges to 1 was to work-around an errant bug in GC where sometimes a light squad would never be allowed to drop the second charge on certain maps, regardless of conditions.

Finally, should anyone need to rollback, the original Data2.sdf file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz9vvcqqr5cjkzd/Data2ORIG.sdf
Copy to GC/data, rename it to 'Data2.sdf', and hit yes to confirm the overwrite. You will see version number 1.0.1.1 in the bottom right of the main menu upon successful rollback.

Finally, please be on the lookout for a new thread from me in the near future regarding the future of the mod program!

You guys STILL rock, even after I have been gone for months,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby mind-pt- » 14 Mar 2015 18:30

hey man how are you? thanks for the update.

Not that this is a big deal but you forgot to change the version on the main menu, stat. yesterday we noticed that.

in other news: the Ventrilo server is down, i don't know if anyone is trying to find a solution for this, let us know when something is up. For now, and as Carter said yesterday, we are stuck with texting.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 18 Mar 2015 18:26

Ventrilo server died........... then i guess crink wont be coming back............. ima miss him

at least rocket turret wont be so powerful
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby GCMarcos » 19 Mar 2015 21:58

Game graphics can also be improved? why this graph seems of playstation 1 , And I wanted a rank for this game here in the forum.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 25 Jun 2015 16:29

we cant do anything about the graphics marcos and no one wants there to be a rank system

Real Member

Postby Van » 25 Jun 2015 23:02

Shouldn't there be a way to improve the models? Just thinking about it like you could do with textures and stuff and replace the files with other files with the same name? (I don't know how the GC directory works, but since you guys say it don't work I trust you guys, but I can't understand why it shouldn't be possible to do, ofc with a lot of work put into it to actually do it, and some things will just not be possible to upgrade)

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps